Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Arriving in Japan!!!

YAY i finally made it to Japan! My trip was crazy long and kinda interesting. It was already going bad crazy from my first flight i actually sat in the wrong seat and when the lady told me it was hers i told her it was mine so we both pulled out our tickets and she points out to me that i read my ticket wrong and that it was her seat. Then i saw some people I knew from church but i wasn't seating anywhere near them so that was a bit of a bummer. Although i guess it wasn't to bad because i did sit by this really nice lady. So next i had a 4 hour lay over in Texas which i have to say was a bit long. Especially since my following flight was 13 hours and that one wasn't the best. For the first time i was actually able to sleep a decent amount on the plane. Only the guy that was sitting next to me smelled like bologna which i must say was not in any way cool. But everything was good when i got off the plane. Well it was good for a while anyways. So after i went threw customs i got my bags and tried to figure out where i was to board my 3rd and finally plane at. So my itinerary said i was to switch to a Japanese air line. Well i couldn't figure out which one. So i kept asking people where i was supposed to go and they all just kept pointing me in the same direction. So i knew which direction but i still didn't know what airlines i was supposed to get on so finally i asked this one lady and this was like the 5th person i asked and she said JAL and then pointed in the same direction everyone else has pointed. So i walked just a little further in that direction and all of a sudden i see a sign that says Japanese Airlines JAL. And then it hit me that when it said Japanese airlines that was the name. And that whole time i had been trying to figure out what one i was to be switching to. Can you say BLOND MOMENT!!! And to make me feel even stupider my brother in-law pointed out to me it was just like American Airlines in which i had just been flying LOL. Anyways that wasn't the only stupid thing i decided to do in the airport. So when i got to my gate i still had like 3 hours left till I'm supposed to board my plane so i look around and see a lot of people sleeping waiting for the same plane i am so I'm thinking its a good idea to take a little nap. So i got out my mp3 player and started to listen to some music. And i fell asleep. For the first hour i kept waking up like every 10 mins to see what time it was. Well i feel asleep one more time only to be politely taped awake by a Japanese girl. Then she said something in Japanese which i didn't understand. So i sat up and to my horror i was like the only person waiting. So i grabbed all my junk as quickly as i could and ran down the stairs and dashed to the shuttle bus with my heart pounding cause i thought i was going to missing my plane. So i sit down on the bus only to have to wait for like 15 mins before it took us to the plane. All that running for completely no reason. What a wast of the little energy i had left. So i finally got on my last plane. Which was the best of all because i had 3 whole seats to myself and i was able to strech out. It was Awesome!!! So after my flight i got off and was welcomed by my sister and our good friend Sebrina. It was so nice to see some familiar faces after such a long trip. Unfortunately for them i had actually gotten some sleep and hadn't been able to talk in quite some time. So of course i talked about my trip the whole way home. Again it was unfortunate for my sister that it was about a 2 hour ride home. And you can ask her i talked the Whole Entire way home. LOL!Well to end my adventure i arrived at my sisters house and got to see my brother in-law and luckily my nephew woke up from all the ruckus so i went and got him and at first he was like who is this but when i got in the light he was it was me and gave me the biggest smile ever!!! He has been attached to my hip ever since. And I'm sleeping in his room till we move into there new house so Emi wakes me up in the morning just by staring at me. I guess i can just tell hes looking at me and i get up. But its almost creepy how much he stares. LOL! Anyways it was a CRAZY trip but I'm super excited to be here!!!

1 comment:

Butler Family said...

hey!! Weren't you suppose to email us when you got there so we know you got there safely. lol Mom said you made it there safely. I hope you have been having ALOT of fun. It looks like you are. I sent you a request to see our page. Look in your junk folder it may be in there then just click on the link!!! Love you syd and we miss you:)